Office of Student Accounts
The Student Loans staff are dedicated to helping student borrowers achieve their educational goals and to promoting good financial stability by assisting the student in understanding and managing his/her student loans. We provide the student borrowers with loan counseling and information about loan indebtedness and repayment responsibilities in an efficient and professional manner.
We perform functions relating to the University’s participation in the Federal Title IV Loan programs. These programs are comprised of the Federal Perkins Loan Program and the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program , which includes the Parent Plus Loan.
Implementation of the Direct Loan Program and the Federal Perkins Loan Program is a shared operation between this office and the Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid Office is responsible for awarding and originating all Federal Loans
Our responsibilities include the following:
- Print and Mail Perkins Promissory Notes
- Receive, review, and process completed promissory notes
- Process the disbursement of loan proceeds
- Reconcile Direct Loan with the Federal Common Originations and Disbursement Center (COD)
- Perform exit interviews for Perkins recipients
- Mail monthly billing and collect on Federal Perkins accounts; see Repayment
- Process deferments and cancellations for Federal Perkins Loans
- File with the National Student Loan Data System
- Report loan information to a national credit bureau
* New * Click HERE to complete required Entrance Loan Counseling for first-time borrowers.
* New * We now offer Electronic Master Promissory Notes for Federal Direct Loans. Click HERE to complete your Direct Loan eMPN.
Last updated: 3/4/2014