Georgia Southern University offers two different ways you may receive your student account refund. You may choose the method that is more convenient for you:
Option 1: Direct Deposit
Your funds are electronically deposited in to the personal checking or savings account of your choosing. Please refer to Direct Deposit of Refunds for to learn more about Direct Deposit.
Option 2: Check
If you do not choose option 1, your financial aid refund check will be mailed to:
- Campus PO Box
- Your local address
- Your permanent home address
- Keep your mailing addresses updated in WINGS
- If you do not receive your check within 15 days, please contact Student Accounts at 912-478-0999 to inquire about a replacement
- Report lost or stolen checks immediately to Student Accounts at 912-478-0999
- If you lose your check after signing it, Georgia Southern University is not responsible
- Deposit/Cash your check as soon as possible. Stale dated checks may not be eligible for replacement
Additional Refund Information:
Georgia Southern has a variety of automated processes that occur to create student account refunds. Below are some important points:
– Refunds generated from payments made by check are subject to a 14 day holding period.
– Refunds generated from credit card payments (as determined above) will be refunded to the credit card.
– Parent PLUS Loans: If the parent did not indicate ‘plus to student’ on the application, the refund will be issued to the parent in the form of a check and mailed to the address on the plus application.
“Keep your finances safe by keeping it private. Please be discreet when discussing your refund with others.”
Last updated: 8/15/2017